Friday, April 29, 2016

El Cortez - TBone

Did not like.

A bunch of overdressed teenagers drinking expensive drinks, having shitty dance music blasted at them (underlaid with the even shittier dance music from the attached nightlcub).  It's supposed to be a tequila bar, but there's no tequila menu.  The marguerita was good, but otherwise I have no desire to go back there.

As a side-note, the place *should* be really cool.  The service was fantastic.  The layout is amazing, and would be fantastic for a punk or metal themed pub (even with an area you could drag the tables out of if you wanted to set up a stage on occasion).  Good size, good decor.  The beers were a good price, though everything else was way too expensive.  The food seemed good (obviously it's all Mexican themed).

It's a mystery how you can take such a great location and layout and make it suck so bad, but they found a way.  The chairs were uncomfortable, the music was awful and too loud, the crowd was terrible, the managers seemed up their own asses.  If you go to nightclubs because you like the atmosphere and the music and really wish you could capture that experience except without talking to anyone or dancing, then this may be the place for you.

It sucked; easily the worst place we've been to so far.  We bailed early and went to the Strat, where we could have a conversation and relax.  I'd say 'my god I sound old' but I've been saying this since I started going to bars.  So I guess that means I was old at a young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment